Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Fitness 12-12-16

   The great thing about doing fitness stuff outside is that you get your Vitamin D, fresh air, and you are more connected with the world around you.  The bad part about doing fitness stuff outside is that weather can throw off your plans.  I had a master plan to hike Sunday, about 3-5 miles, while Handsome Boy was at a friend's house who lives near the trail.  Unfortunately, a big snowstorm came in, and made the drive very debatable, let alone hiking in it- no way.  Have I mentioned I don't do well in the cold? So we rescheduled our visit and made it an inside day.  Monday was a snow day for about every county around I think, so kiddos and I played outside, building forts, snow angels, and me pulling them around on the sled while I practiced wearing snow shoes (Hubby's).  I joked with the guys at work- isn't that a CrossFit thing? Pulling a weighted sled behind you? Turns out you're supposed to run with it, but  pulling 100# around the property in snow, even with snowshoes, got my heart and lungs working.  I need to find a sledding hill.  Whew!
   Monday night was CrossFit, where my body again showed me that I do not have much overhead strength.  I can do one full pull-up if I kick my feet; you know, the silly back and forth kicking of hopeful desperation to get your chin over the bar.  I also suck at lifting things overhead- no surprise there.
   My goal is clear, though. It's not about getting skinny, or looking lean, or the number on the scale.  This is about becoming healthier and stronger, which is a part of becoming a better homesteader, because I will be able to do more projects/chores, more easily, without having to delegate all of the "man stuff" to Hubby.  He will love that! And what mom doesn't wish she had the energy of a 6 year old? I get that comment all the time about Little Princess, and I've felt the same way.  Stronger and more stamina also means more fun with kiddos, even after the farm work is done. This is the goal I keep in mind when I hit the tough spots.
   It's all along the path towards a more Joyful life.

CrossFit: 10min AMRAP - 8 deadlift, 6 hang clean, 4 shoulder to overhead. (8 rounds, barbell only, 30# barbell for overhead)
     21-15-9 jumping pull-ups, no time.

Joyfully Yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment