Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Fitness: Week of 1--8-16


   Since I'm not meaning for this to be a Fitness blog, but it is a part of healthy living, I'm going to summarize my workouts for a week.  The dog walk was cold. It was about 38 degrees, but wet and windy. BRRR. Thanks, I'll take a clear snowy day instead.  Both CrossFit days were good, except the AMRAP was bad-good. You know, when something feels and, but is good for you, so you do it anyway.  It had me breathing heavy and taking lots of breaks.  The workout doesn't sound that hard, but it's a push to get them done.  I did have to look up the kettle bell swing to make sure I was going to do it right, and I ended up using a dumbbell because our smallest kettle bell is too heavy for me.  I could still feel all the muscles the next day, so I'm guessing I did the right amount.  I was hoping to get a hike in this weekend, but that didn't happen.  I'm crossing my fingers for next week!

Joyfully yours,
K

1-10-16 Walk dog in Rain. 1.84 miles
1-11-16 CrossFit. 250m on row machine, 20 box step-ups, repeat 8 times.  21 minutes.
1-13-16 CrossFit. Warm-up of 250m on rower, 25 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, 25 squats. Then 7 min AMRAP: 7 Burpees, 7 kettle bell swings at 15#.  Score: 5+5.

No comments:

Post a Comment