Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Fitness 12-6-16 / Nerd Fitness

   Yesterday I came across the website Nerd Fitness.  Let me admit here, I have a nerd side.  I can't help it.  I grew up in a house with Dr. Who, Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons, Renaissance Fairs and the like.  I was looking for a beginner CrossFit workout, and came across this page with photos of Lego figures doing push-ups and pull-ups.  I had to check it out, and it's basically a group of nerds who are also into fitness.  A very good break from the stereo-typical Comi-con attendees and LARP players.  They aren't usually obese middle-age guys living in their mom's unlit basement eating burritos and playing video games all day and night.  Like myself, and most of the human race, they are individuals with multiple facets to their lives and personalities.
   So if you're at all a nerd and like fitness (or want to), go check them out, and read Joe's story.  I'm going to keep that one in my back pocket as a motivator.  I've never had to contend with size so much as strength and stamina, but it's a great story.  Which brings me to yesterday's workout.  I started to get a cold - all sniffles - and debated whether to work out or not.  And then I told myself - it's just a cold, and not a good reason to skip, so Go!  No excuses!!  So I did go and felt better.  Another thing to keep in my back pocket. :)

Listed workout: Heavy(ish) bench presses then Metcon: 5 rounds: 1 min on heavy bag, 30 sec rest, 1 min, 1 min battle rope. 

Huh? Um, wait, yes. I can figure that out. Here's what I did:
15-7-5 Bench presses - bar only (45# I think)
5 rounds: 1 min punching away at the bag, 30 sec rest, 1 min battle rope (switch each round between waves and alternating waves because that's the only thing I knew), 30 sec rest.

Whew! Another day in the right direction. By the way "Metcon" is Metabolic conditioning, same as cardiovascular or aerobic conditioning. I had to look that up.

Joyfully yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment