Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Fitness 11-29-16

   After many years of starting, stopping, and being forced into workout routines, I know what I need. I need someone to be accountable to.  A group class, a workout buddy, someone checking in on me, whatever.  So you readers are my accountability this time 'round.  Every Fitness Day I have, I will log it -blog it - whether I do CrossFit, hiking, farm labor, or something else that day that works me out. I would love to count running, and I mean literally running, after Little Princess or picking up her 40# body weight multiple times a day, but I don't think I can.  That is just a part of my life. 😊
   So, I'm posting a little belated due to Operation Birthday Surprise, more on that later, but here was Tuesday's workout:

CrossFit style, my own design:
   4 rounds of 250m on the rower, 15 sec high step running in place, 10 jumping jacks, 5 push-ups, 5 dips on the floor and 5 crunches with legs up.
   15-7-3 circuit of box dips, plank (seconds), and hanging pull-ups*.
   Walking cool-down/stretch

* I actually don't know what these would be called.  The barbell was set about eye level (because that's where it was) and I held the bar while I walked my feet in front of me until I was hanging from the bar with my arms extended and my body in a straight form.  Then I pulled myself up towards the bar, a couple inches, keeping my body straight.  I am calling them hanging pull-ups until I learn otherwise.

Joyfully Yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment