Monday, December 12, 2016

Fitness 12-7-16

   You know, technology is great, except when it doesn't work.  I deal with this a lot at work.  We have electronic records of all kinds, which is great, but when a system or network is down, it is very frustrating.  I feel like I can't do my best without them.  Then I think, we did without this for years! and am amazed at how dependent we are on technology sometimes.  Anywho, my computer's power cord decided to fry itself last week, so I am laboriously typing this out on the tablet while waiting for the big brown truck.  Ok, it's not that bad, but it is faster with a real keyboard.  I think everyone should take typing, by the way.  If not for work, then just to make yourself more efficient.

   On to fitness for the day!  Thursday, that is.  Wednesday was sort of a rest day, only because I wasn't going to work out that night, then hike first thing Thursday morning.  It was my coldest hike yet- 28 degrees!  Brrrr!!!! And snow! None on the ground, but tiny bits falling from the sky.  The end of this trail isn't wooded like the rest, and oh my, the wind had picked up!  For all that, it was a surprisingly nice hike!
   Thursday night was CrossFit.  It was supposed to be a partner workout, but since no one is usually awake and working out when I do, I just made it work.  I did have to ask what the first part was.  Later I looked these up, to link on this page, and realized I was doing them wrong.  This just proves- if you are going to start working out, get a trainer, have a knowledgable partner, go a class, something so you don't hurt yourself.  I have enough experience to know how to keep myself from being hurt (stance, overextension, stretching, etc) but it would have been a more effective workout if I was doing these particular exercises the CrossFit way.  And I was not as sore the next two days as I thought I'd be; I think I should've used more weight on the second half.

Overall:
     Hike 9.16 miles in 2 hours, 23 minutes
     30 each Clean Burpee, for time. (Barbell, no weight, 7:40)
     40, 30, 20, 10 Sit-ups. Partner holds 25# weight overhead while the other does sit-ups; sit-ups must stop if weight isn't overhead.  (I did the sit-ups and held 10# overhead for a minute each rep)

Joyfully yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment