Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Crossfit journey, Day 1 / Fitness 11-28-16

   Let me start here by saying I know all kinds of things about fitness, workouts, etc.  I'm no educated trainer, it's just that I've been doing serious fitness on and (mostly) off since I left high school. And while I value my public education PE, the only times I felt like I got a workout was swimming, the occasional high-spirited soccer game, and those shuttle runs. You know, the ones with the eraser, running back and forth?  Anyway, I have lots of experience starting fitness routines ... and a lot of experience stopping.  This is another path I'm changing along my JoySmithing journey.
   So I have a different game plan this time around. My schedule is like everyone else's - full - but I can't let that be an excuse anymore.  My goal is to do a workout, a hard day on the property, or hike, at least 4 days a week.  Yes, I know I will get thrown off track sometimes, but every week my goal is 4 days, and every week is a new week.
   Anywho, some guys I know recently got a gym space. Like, it's their private gym.  These guys do CrossFit.  They aren't a CrossFit gym, but they do CrossFit-style workouts.  And they've given me open access to their gym space.  I have never, ever done CrossFit.  I've seen it on TV and it looks intense.  So last night after work I went to the gym for my first-ever CrossFit workout. And if you don't know what I speak of, just ask "Mr. Googlepants". (Thanks, Justin Rhodes!)
   Did I say it looks intense?  Well, that's because it is.  Let's be real here.  I know I am out of shape.  I am not overweight, but I am NOT fit.  And fit is the goal, fit is joyful.  Well, my first workout was all of 10-15 minutes, and my lungs were burning a bit and my legs are STILL sore this morning. I am wishing I lived in a one-story house right now. 😬  But I have started.  And you can't take a journey without the first step.
     CrossFit 11-28-16: 21-15-9 Thrusters with 15# dumbell, 5 min box up and over with burpees, modified push up.

Sore but Joyfully yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment