Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I Love Lazy Sundays

   This weekend, after the holiday and a day of work, has been two of those really easy days.  I've  picked up and put away the last of the Thanksgiving Tornado that came through the house, aka nieces and nephews.  Also some basic chores - laundry got caught up (gasp - put away even!!), all the slow cookers and appetizer trays are tucked away, plants are back on the buffet in front of the window, and the like.
   In the everyday craziness that has unfortunately become typical in the life of the average American, it's important to take time to be.  Just be.  And not just around the holidays.  So many days I find myself going from one task to the next until I look at the clock and realize the whole day is gone.  Then I look around at all the things I didn't get done, and sometimes get discouraged.  Then I look at my husband and kids, and think of how little time I spent with them even though I was around them all day, and get down-right disheartened.  Yes, I want a tidy home.  Yes, I want a complete home.  But it's not a home unless there is a family in it.  And a family doesn't stay a family if they just float around each other in a box called a home.
   So this weekend I was determined to continue creating a joyful life and put To-Be's on the To-Do list.  Yes, I got chores done, but that was a side item.  Saturday we all went for a hike together.  Sure, I putting a whopping 3 miles on my count, but that also wasn't the point (more on that later!).  I also played 5 - count 'em 5 - different games with the kiddos on Sunday alone. So I moved laundry around, folded, put away, played a game. cleaned up the playroom, played a game, swept the floor, played a game, etc.
   The top of my To-Do list was To-Be a wife and mom.  Check.  Now to add it again for this week. 😊

Joyfully yours,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment