Monday, November 14, 2016

In Sickness and In Sickness

   It's been one of those weeks! I had a plan for every day, I had the drive, I had all the materials and tools.......and then little girl got sick. And then she got me sick. Flu sick, which put me out of commission from Tuesday afternoon to Friday morning. Little man, so cute, told me he was staying home from school to take care of me. I'll admit, feeling the chills and aches and overall blahs, I was very tempted to say yes. So I had to remind myself that being a parent is not about being selfish, and had to tell him no. I half-regreted it all day, but Friday morning I finally woke up feeling totally rested and not a smidgen of sickness.
   So Friday was spent on all the chores from the week - laundry, floors, sanitizing, meal-planning, etc - and Saturday I could finally get back to my week's house project of the doorway-turned-into-built-in-bookcase. That project was supposed to be done by Thursday, like, books on the shelves kind of done. So my new deadline is this Wednesday. It's all part of the bigger deadline to have the house ready to host Thanksgiving in less than 2 weeks.  I don't know if "deadline" is the correct word.....more like "the day I think I should get done with it if nothing crazy happens", but Thanksgiving is a pretty firm date!
   So forward and onward, and to this past week I say "Such is life." I take my old-found mantra of the Serenity Prayer and my new-found mantra of JoySmithing, and let last week be in the past, and keep looking forward. After all, a few days out of commission is nothing compared to what some people go through every day.  I can find joy that I (now) have very good health.

Here's to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment