Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The purge, part one

   No, not the movie. I'm talking about purging "things." I've gone through some boxes and cabinets in the last few weeks during my rearranging, and found things I don't need or want. I tried to sell them online garage sale style, but I haven't had any takers. This week I'm just going to pack it up and donate it.  I am sick of looking at the pile.  Plus I need to move furniture in the living room and this pile of things are totally in the way. So that's it. Cleanie wins over Frugalie today.
   Lol. Frugalie.  Totally not a word. Silly word of the day! Frugalie! Oh, that's fun to say. :)
   I hope I don't regret getting rid of these things, but it's been weeks. So I gave it a good try and can't hold onto things forever, right?
   Frugalie!
   Sorry, I couldn't help myself! Seriously, the whole point of this journey is to make a more joyful and simple life. And walking around (and cleaning around) a stack of boxes right in my living room for weeks on end is not joyful or simple.  I did put them there on purpose, too.  I got these things out of storage areas and sorted them, but if I tuck them away again, all that was for nothing.  So, since I can't seem to get any money out of them, donation it is. I won't be using any more time or energy trying to get rid of things, and can spend one last bit of time and energy actually getting rid of them.
   Now, back to the bookshelf!

   Frugalie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment